Introduction of New Priority Skills List
Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs Alan Tudge announced the priority skills list on 2 Sept. The Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL) identifies 17 occupations which fill critical skills needs that support Australia’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and applications will still be processed, but priority will be given to those relating to occupations on the PMSOL. Prioritisation of applications relating to PMSOL occupations will only apply to employer sponsored visa programs (subclasses 186, 187 and 482).
The 17 occupations (ANZSCO code) are:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
If you need more information use our Contact Us page.
Read the Media Release